UNT Drama Lab
- Is a not-for-profit organization consisting of students from the university at large. The scope of the organization is broad, and it strives to serve as a model for postgraduate professional organizations.
- Holds an awards banquet honoring the most outstanding actors, actresses, designers, and technicians in the department.
Alpha Psi Omega (APO)
- Is the national honor society in theatre.
- Has enjoyed continuous national growth and, with over 600 "casts," is the largest national honor society in America.
- Colleges and universities of recognized standing, having an established theatre program or theatre club for the purpose of producing plays, are eligible for membership.
- The business of Alpha Psi Omega is supervised by National Officers.
- Membership is open to theatre majors and minors who have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
United States Institute of Theatre Technology (USITT)
- Is a student chapter of the national USITT corporation, the association for performing arts and entertainment individuals that sets industry standards and promotes dialogue among practitioners, educators, and students.
- Is dedicated to advancing the knowledge and skills of our members through workshops, community service, and networking opportunities.
- Hosts one monthly informational meeting and social, one monthly professional development event, and one opportunity for community service each semester.
- Regularly attends national and regional conferences.
- Membership is open to students that are a declared theatre major or theatre minor at UNT.