The University of North Texas Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office provides assistance to qualified students who need financial help to pursue their education.
The Dance and Theatre Department annually awards current students competitive, merit-based scholarships. The scholarships awarded include:
- Ralph B. Culp Endowment Fund
- Bill & Ann Stokes Award (theatre)
- Gaylord-Hughes Scholarship (theatre)
- Tony and Linda Altermann Scholarship (theatre)
- The Ed Delatte Musical Theatre Scholarship
- Lucille Murchison Scholarships in dance, costuming and technical theatre
- The Joyce & C.R. Pennington Dance Education Scholarship Endowment
- Jonathan Bostick Memorial Dance Scholarship
- Cora Cardona Scholarship
Theatre Scholarships: Current theatre majors may apply for scholarships through the department: Theatre Scholarship Application (pdf). Requirements include:
- cumulative 3.25 GPA
- full-time status
- enrollment in at least six theatre credit hours
- official transcripts of universities and colleges attended
- a statement of purpose
- three faculty endorsements (signatures on the application form)
The Theatre Scholarship Applications can be downloaded from the link above or picked up at the Dance and Theatre Office in the Radio, Television, Film, and Performing Arts (RTFP) Building Room 242, or in the Dance and Theater Arts (DATH) Building Room 103.
Student Employment Services provides employment opportunities for currently enrolled students in an effort to help them offset their college expenses and develop a good work record. Students do not have to qualify for financial aid to apply for these positions.