Freshmen and transfer students gain acceptance by the UNT Admissions Office.
All students must meet with the department academic advisor before completing registration each semester. Advisors help with selection of courses, application of transfer credit, and general academic requirements, policies and procedures.
Dance Entrance Auditions
Dance entrance audition videos and applications should be submitted online to email@example.com by April 18, 2020.
- Completed Application for Dance Major
- A video-recording of recent ballet dancing and a modern/contemporary dance combination that highlight your technique level best.
- If there is more than one dancer in the video make it clear who you are.
- Maximum of 5 minutes.
- No headshot or photo required along with your application.
- The audition consists of a ballet and modern class in which students will perform several combinations.
- Students should wear a leotard, tights, leggings, or any other comfortable versatile dance clothing and ballet shoes.
All students wanting to major in dance (including entering freshman, transfer students, or current students at UNT) must participate in and pass the dance audition in order to be declared a dance major at UNT. Interested students MUST fill out and submit the Application for Dance Major. Please email the main office at DanceandTheatre@unt.edu to ensure their application has been received. This audition is only for entrance into the dance program at UNT.
Dance: High school students should prepare by completing four years of English, math and social science, including economics, geography, government and history; three years of science and foreign language; and one year of fine arts courses, among other subjects. Courses in computers, music and advanced math, as well as any dance training will help you prepare to major in dance.