The Department of Dance & Theatre is part of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at UNT. The diverse curriculum offers breadth and depth in academics and performance.
- The department offers a B.A. in Theatre, a B.A. in Theatre with a Concentration in Performance, a B.A. in Theatre with a Concentration in Design/Tech, as well as a Theatre minor. A graduate degree in Theatre is currently not offered.
- There are approximately 500 theatre majors & 120 theatre minors with 9 full-time faculty.
- Unique among theatre programs, qualified undergraduate students perform lead roles, direct public productions, stage-manage, and design scenery, costumes, lights, make-up and wigs.
- Student performance and design opportunities include plays and musicals directed by faculty and guest artists and numerous student-directed, student-written and class productions.
- Students are often offered performance and design opportunities as part of outside professional projects of the faculty and are able to audition for local theatre groups.
- Hands-on experience is offered for students interested in performing or directing Theatre for Young audiences.
- The active and diverse theatre faculty consists of professional actors, directors, designers, and theatre educators and scholars.
- Scholarships are available based on merit and talent.
Dance and Theatre faculty continue to work in the industry, locally, nationally and internationally. Department alumni work with professional dance and theatre companies as dancers, choreographers, actors and artistic directors. Others are educators or administrators in universities, public schools, and private and professional studios. Still others have pursued careers in areas such as dance therapy, movement analysis, the dance fitness industry, radio, television, and film.
The University of North Texas is the leading university of the Dallas-Fort Worth region. It offers financial aid, legal aid, counseling and job placement for students. For more information about the University of North Texas, please visit unt.edu.