The University of North Texas Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office provides assistance to qualified students who need financial help to pursue their education.
The Dance and Theatre Department annually awards current students competitive, merit-based scholarships. The scholarships awarded include:
- Ralph B. Culp Endowment Fund
- Bill & Ann Stokes Award (theatre)
- Gaylord-Hughes Scholarship (theatre)
- Tony and Linda Altermann Scholarship (theatre)
- The Ed Delatte Musical Theatre Scholarship
- Lucille Murchison Scholarships in dance, costuming and technical theatre
- The Joyce & C.R. Pennington Dance Education Scholarship Endowment
Theatre Scholarships: Current theatre majors may apply for scholarships through the department: Theatre Scholarship Application (pdf). Requirements include:
- cumulative 3.25 GPA
- full-time status
- enrollment in at least six theatre credit hours
- official transcripts of universities and colleges attended
- a statement of purpose
- three faculty endorsements (signatures on the application form)
Dance Scholarships: Current and incoming dance majors can apply each Spring semester for the department's dance scholarships: Dance Scholarship Application (pdf). Applicants must:
- be classified as a dance major at the University of North Texas
- agree to remain in the dance major program for the entire academic year
- participate in the activities and performances of the Department of Dance and Theatre
The Theatre and Dance Scholarship Applications can be downloaded from the links above or picked up at the Dance and Theatre Office in the Radio, Television, Film, and Performing Arts RTFP Building Room 242, or DATH Room 103.
Student Employment Services provides employment opportunities for currently enrolled students in an effort to help them offset their college expenses and develop a good work record. Students do not have to qualify for financial aid to apply for these positions.